Sunday, December 13, 2009

Being Focussed


These days I am getting confused with the word 'Multitasking'....I am a part of 5 different task forces which have been made for different HR Process improvements, apart from working as a line HR for 3 completely different business units...So where is the focus? People can debate, management may come up with several case studies to show multitasking is the best way to harness one's potential...but to tell u frankly, my personal experience says, beyond a certain limit it's wastage of one's potential...U keep on moving here and there, attending several meetings, getting feed backs, collating them and then asking for extension of time line...In between your core work goes for a toss...Also coordinating with several stakeholders is always difficult specially when you are working in a democratic organization where we value every opinion. So again I am coming back to the question "where is the focus?"

I am debating about this because having focused approach has always been my key strength. Whatever achievements I have so far in my life, it's because of focused and dedicated approach.

Though as one moves up the hierarchy ladder, he has to widen his horizon, but he should not loose his focus...

So how am i dealing with this multitasking...simple, prioritizing my work and diving my effort accordingly...sounds theoretical, but that's how I am dealing with this as of now.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers